Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Templar
    Keymaster
    #1769 |

Each time I speak with the Seneschal he reminds me of what has become our “unofficial” motto, “Christ first, Templars second.” Things can get difficult and remembering our motto keeps us grounded. It’s easy for us to get out of balance and then we need to take a step back, and put things into perspective:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    -John 3:16

Then we can take a deep breath and settle into God’s grace and love. What a wondrous Creator that our otherwise worthless life could be so valuable to Him. I was a wretch but He saved me anyway, like the classic Hymn said better than I:

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch; like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found,
    Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
    And grace my fears relieved;
    How precious did that grace appear
    The hour I first believed!

The Lord hath promised good to me,
    His word my hope secures;
    He will my shield and portion be
    As long as life endures.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
    Bright shining as the sun,
    We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
    Than when we first begun.

And what about you reading this post right now? Have you experienced the saving grace and love of Christ in your life?
    If not, you won’t be sorry, please take one more step and click here:
    http://templarchurch.org/salvation/

Grail Knight
    Participant
    #2040 |

Brother,

As a Knight who lives by ‘The Grail Code,’ I was taught to live by the letters that spell out JOY. J- means we know, love and serve JESUS FIRST. O means we serve OTHERS before ourselves. Y means that out of selfless Love for Jesus & Others….that you put Yourself last. It is not always easy to do. Howwever, I have found no other ‘Way of Life’ to be more rewarding.

The Quest for The Holy Grail was never meant to be achieved. It was meant to be 'Lived' - now, today & forever. For God & Neighbor, I live & Serve.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Click Here To Enter Knights Templar Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.