Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Templar
    Keymaster
    #3013 |

Brothers and Sisters,

Today I’m feeling frustrated after reading a post by a different Neo-Templar order trying to water down Christianity into nothing. I believe we can have a righteous anger like Christ in the Temple as he turned over the tables of the money changers in Matthew 21:12.

I believe our ancient Templar ancestors would role over in their grave if they could see how far from Christianity most of today’s Neo-Templar orders have fallen. It’s beyond belief that such a wishy-washy, politically correct, surrender to our humanistic and liberal modern culture could draw any interest. If we stand for nothing, our members will eventually recognize that we’re not serious about our faith. If we are not on fire for Christ, then why will they want to be a part of something dead? I hope there’s still a remnant of Christian Templars left that recognize the heresy in these attempts to water down Christianity until it’s nothing and meaningless. My concern is that these neo-templar groups are trying to be “all things to all people” and because of this, end up standing for nothing more than a prayer before their conclave and being “Christian in name only.” Christianity isn’t just some label we can throw on our organization to trick the gullible into joining. People aren’t stupid, if an Order is pretending to be Christian yet preaching heresy, they will eventually figure it out.

I’m tired of reading this drivel from some Neo-Templar orders: “We should strive for the unity of the three Abrahamic Faiths.” What does that even mean? It’s just more politically correct, pie in the sky, nonesense coming from an idealistic detachment from reality. These neo-Templar groups have compromised their faith in Christ to please this corrupt world and it’s man-made institutions. Seeking the acclaim that this world can give is diametrically opposed to what pleases God. We should live in peace with other religions but it’s not possible to “unify” Christianity and Islam as these neo-Templar groups proscribe because both religions claim to be the only way to God and are therefore mutually exclusive. This policy of uniting Christianity with Islam is not only un-Biblical, it’s ludicrous. How would unifying Christianity and Islam even be possible when an estimated 51% of United States Muslims want Sharia Law implemented that would turn Christians into second class citizens as they are in the Middle East? http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/shock-poll-51-of-muslims-want-sharia-law-25-okay-with-violence-against-infidels/

I want to be clear that we will never endorse or advocate violence or a war on other faiths. We will love our enemies as Christ commanded in Matthew 5:44 (“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”). But concerning our Faith, if we’re really Christians, we need to be bold and confident that our Faith is correct and powerful to make a positive impact on this world. Don’t ever apologize or back down for being a follower of Christ.

If someone tells you, “All religions lead to heaven,” they are not a Christian. They are a Polytheist (believing in many Gods) but certainly not a Christian. Christ did not leave any room for compromise and he was deadly clear that He was the ONLY way to God the Father:
    1) John 14:6: “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
    2) John 14:9: “He who has seen Me has seen the Father.”
    3) Acts 4.12: “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
    4) John 10:30: “I and the Father are one.”
    5) Matthew 7:14: “But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

Our ancient Templar ancestors were nothing if not totally committed and serious about their faith. Everyday they faced the possibility of dying for what they believed, and they were ready to die for Christ. They purposely lived very different lives from the world to be set apart as Monks. They followed the stringent rules from 1128 written by Saint Bernard of Clairvaux which can be read here: https://www.theknightstemplar.org/rules-from-1128/ . If we are to claim to be the spiritual descendants of the Templars, we must also be sincerely committed to Christ as our Lord. A serious faith in Christ will show up in the way we live our lives.

Rev. Franklin Graham (son of Rev. Billy Graham) writes, “The foundations of this nation have nothing to do with Islam, but everything to do with the Church of Jesus Christ. Islam cannot save anyone from Hell or open the gates of Heaven. Only One can do that—Jesus Christ, the Son of God who paid the debt of sin for all mankind by giving His life as a sacrifice on Calvary’s cross where He suffered and died for our sins, took our sins to the grave, and on the third day God raised Him triumphantly to life. He’s alive today. Muhammad is dead. I worship a risen Lord! Islam can’t compete with that.”

You know me by now that I voice my opinion as a believer that Jesus Christ is exactly who he claimed to be and that we can both be Templars and sincere followers of Jesus Christ. That is the reason for this Grand Priory to be truly set apart for Christ and try our best to live up to the ideals of the original Warrior Monks who believed in God so sincerely they were willing to give their very lives for their faith.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Click Here To Enter Knights Templar Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.