Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Templar
    Keymaster
    #1773 |

Rick Warren in his book, A Purpose Driven Life, says “We serve God by serving others.” He says ”The world defines greatness in terms of power, possessions, prestige, and position. If you can demand service from others, you’ve arrived. In our self-serving culture with its me-first mentality, acting like a servant is not a popular concept. Jesus, however, measured greatness in terms of service, not status.” How do you measure on the scale of being a servant? Better yet, do you show a “humble” servant spirit? Is it one that is serving our Order or one that is only looking for medals and awards?

———
    Reference:

Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life, 2002
    T. W. Hunt and Claude V. King, The Mind of Christ, 1994
    Webster’s II Dictionary, 1984

TheCelticKnight
    Participant
    #1809 |

It’s hard to not want a benefit from something, but if you devote yourself to Jesus, you will be given a reward greater than any position of power or title: Everlasting Life in Heaven. So if you have a good servant Spirit, you are already richer than any King.

Templar
    Keymaster
    #1813 |

It’s hard to not want a benefit from something, but if you devote yourself to Jesus, you will be given a reward greater than any position of power or title: Everlasting Life in Heaven. So if you have a good servant Spirit, you are already richer than any King.

I couldn’t agree with you more Celtic Knight

Grail Knight
    Participant
    #2039 |

My Brothers,

Did you know that the origin of the word “Knight’ comes from the ‘Old English’ and ‘Anglo Saxon’ languages. It is an old, old word that means ‘One Who Serves.’ That really makes a lot of sense to be….because before anyone can become a ‘True Knight’ they must first learn what it truly means ‘To Serve.’

The Quest for The Holy Grail was never meant to be achieved. It was meant to be 'Lived' - now, today & forever. For God & Neighbor, I live & Serve.

Grail Knight
    Participant
    #2042 |

P. S. Where did you get the picture of the Knight kneeling before Jesus? It is one of the most meaningful pictures that I have ever seen. I would like to get a copy of it to frame and hang in my home.

The Quest for The Holy Grail was never meant to be achieved. It was meant to be 'Lived' - now, today & forever. For God & Neighbor, I live & Serve.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Click Here To Enter Knights Templar Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.