Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Templar
    Keymaster
    #607 |

History tell us that when he was first rounded up by King Philip V, Jacques de Molay admitted to heresy, or not being true to his faith in order to avoid being burned at the stake. After a time, he took back his confession and declared that he had been true to God and his faith and that King Philip V was persecuting the Knights Templar without cause. Soon after he was burned at the stake.

If you were faced with death for being honest about your faith, would you be ready to die for your faith like de Molay?

Montoya
    Participant
    #771 |

That’s a tough question and one I hope I’m never faced with. Under any torture similar to what Jacques de Molay must have endured I’m sure I would have confessed to anything.

Templar
    Keymaster
    #777 |

That’s a tough question and one I hope I’m never faced with. Under any torture similar to what Jacques de Molay must have endured I’m sure I would have confessed to anything.

It would be very difficult to choose death. That’s why martyrs like de Molay are to be honored and respected for making a choice most of us would not have the courage to face.

Grail Knight
    Participant
    #1408 |

I would hope that I would remain steadfast in my ‘Faith.’ However, none of us can be sure, until we actually face that situation. For now, I will keep my ‘Shield of Faith’ as strong as I possibly can.

The Quest for The Holy Grail was never meant to be achieved. It was meant to be 'Lived' - now, today & forever. For God & Neighbor, I live & Serve.

Templar
    Keymaster
    #1410 |

Amen Grail Knight!
    I’m reminded of Ephesians 6:10:
    “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.”

Grail Knight
    Participant
    #2052 |

For me, personally…..Knighthood is much more than any mere job, career or occupation. It is not something that a person can just quit or retire from. I consider it to be a ‘Holy & Sacred Vocation.’ Once someone have been ‘Honored’ with the ‘Accolade of Knighthood,’ I sincerely believe that it leaves an ‘Indellible Mark’ upon their very soul. A ‘Mark of Knighthood’ that can never, ever be erased.

The Quest for The Holy Grail was never meant to be achieved. It was meant to be 'Lived' - now, today & forever. For God & Neighbor, I live & Serve.

Templar
    Keymaster
    #2053 |

For me, personally…..Knighthood is much more than any mere job, career or occupation. It is not something that a person can just quit or retire from. I consider it to be a ‘Holy & Sacred Vocation.’ Once someone have been ‘Honored’ with the ‘Accolade of Knighthood,’ I sincerely believe that it leaves an ‘Indellible Mark’ upon their very soul. A ‘Mark of Knighthood’ that can never, ever be erased.

Your answer is so eloquent it’s almost poetic Brother

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Click Here To Enter Knights Templar Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.